Friday, July 1, 2011

Weight loss through imagining food

WATERBURY, CT - MARCH 26:  Kasandra Viles, 4, ...Image by Getty Images via @daylife

While scouring through a health magazine I came across an interesting bit of information regarding imagining foods as a means to reduce the amount of food consumed when it was actually eaten.  Most people are afraid of dwelling too long on having a large bowl of ice cream or a bag of potato chips. I know that I am. With little thought, it doesn't take too much to finish off the whole thing. But contrary to popular thought, and according to a series of experiments on volunteers at Carnegie Mellon University, researchers found that people who imagine eating a certain food actually ate less of the food when it was later offered to them.  It was reported that folks who weren't offered the food actually ate more.

The bottom line

It seems that trying to block thoughts of food isn't always a good dieting technique.  Hmmm, I wonder. 

Readers are invited to voice their opinions by commenting.



Source: WebMDWire "See Food" WebMD the Magazine
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Sherelynne,

    Thanks for posting on my site, TheHealthAndNutritionCenter.com. I'm impressed by your site and your articles. If you are interested in exchanging links, get back to me.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do that. I have tried to contact you. If you see this post please get back to me.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Sherl Wilsher's Expert Author Email Alerts
Sign up to receive email alerts of Sherl Wilsher’s latest articles from EzineArticles.com!

Email Address: