Image via WikipediaI just love reading about natural, chemical and drug free ways to do things for health and beauty. So, with winter coming, I decided to scour the web for some nice and healthy ways to fight winter skin problems. With the cold air and dry heat, the skin takes a beating. Let's look at some natural ways to keep the skin hydrated and healthy.
You are welcome to leave some comments and suggestions as I have found that the list is endless.
Let your inner beauty shine
1. Start out your beauty regimen by staying hydrated. Drink about 8-10 glasses of water per day. Well hydrated skin depends also on making sure that you are taking in adequate water, especially during the dry winter months.
2. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight. In the morning, grind and mix with raw milk and apply to face. Wash off after 15 minutes. Also, you can chew those almonds in the am, after removing the skin. You may then chew them.
3. Mushroom extract is found in at lot of beauty products, so make sure that you include mushrooms in salads and other recipes. They are high in B6, folate, niacin, antixoidants. They are a sure winner when it comes to beauty.
4. An ancient beauty secret is to massage olive oil or coconut oil in to the skin before bathing. Bathe as usual in lukewarm water and rinse the oil off.
5. A mask made from carrots is another ingenious beauty idea. Boil a carrot in a little water. After cooling, grind it to a paste and apply to the face.
6. Honey is another great and natural moisturizer. Apply to face, wash off with warm water after 15 minutes.
7. Mash papaya until creamy. Use as a mask once a week.
Feel free to leave other ideas.
"Natural remedies for dry skin"